As a trimming assistant aboard the trimaran USA 17, Joe won the America’s Cup in his fourth attempt.
Each of his previous Cup campaigns has been with fellow Australian James Spithill, the team’s skipper. The two formed a tight bond in their early days with Young Australia in 2000. They then moved on to OneWorld Challenge in 2002-03 followed by the Luna Rossa Challenge for 2007.
In 2001, Joe won the Fastnet and the Round Island Race aboard the maxi yacht Stealth. In 2005, again with Spithill, Joe won the Match Racing World Championship and the Bermuda Gold Cup. He also teamed with the skipper to win the RC44 World Championship in October 2010.
- America’s Cup World Series Cascais Overall Championship, 3rd place
- America’s Cup World Series Plymouth Fleet Racing Championship, winner
- America’s Cup World Series San Diego Fleet Racing Championship, winner
- America’s Cup World Series San Diego Match Racing Championship, winner
- RC 44 Match Racing World Championship, Yacht 17, winner
- RC 44 World Championship, Yacht 17, winner
- 33rd America’s Cup, BMW ORACLE Racing, winner
- Louis Vuitton Cup, Luna Rossa, finalist
- ISAF Match Race World Champion
- Bermuda Gold Cup, winner
- Louis Vuitton Cup, OneWorld, semifinalist
- Rolex Fastnet Race, Stealth, winner
- Louis Vuitton Cup, Young Australia